With the new post season format, this page has become a bit larger. The Championship Bracket is immediately below, the Cascade Cup Bracket will be a few page scrolls down and the financial info is near the bottom. All bracket seedings are based on the May 18, 2014 LAXPower Ratings. Playoff game times, locations, or scores can always be found on the OHSLA Schedule and Scores page which is accessible from anywhere on the site from the Teams menu (above).
West Linn is the 2014 OHSLA State Champion. Check out the recap of the Championship here. You can find recap and photos of the Semi's by clicking folowing links: West Linn/Jesuit Semi and Lakeridge/OES Semi.
OHSLA Championship Bracket Formation
- There are "automatic" bids, to use the nomenclature of the NCAA tournaments, given to the first and second place teams in each Conference. The remaining "At-Large" bids are given to the teams with the highest LAXPower Ratings that did not recieve automatic bids. The 2014 Championship bracket bids, by conference, have been awarded to:
Conference Automatic Bids At-Large Bids Pacific Tualatin
Tigard** Metro Jesuit
Central Catholic Northwest Sherwood
Liberty Three Rivers West Linn
North Valley West Salem
High Desert Summit
** While Glencoe and Tigard were tied in points and won-lost record, Pacific Conference SOPs awarded Glencoe with second place.
*** Bend and Summit were also tied, but for first place based on points & W-L, Conference rules awarded Summit with first place.
- The top eight LAXPower rated teams earn a bye. Those teams are:
1. OES 3. Jesuit 5. Lincoln 7. Sunset 2. West Linn 4. Lakeridge 6. Clackamas 8. Sherwood***
***Despite appearances in the LAXPower ratings, Sherwood and Central Catholic were tied. The tiebreaker, conference record, went to Sherwood, so Central Catholic is seeded 9th.
- Since some of the automatic bids went to teams that were not in the LAXPower top 24 rated teams, the tournament seeds are not a direct match to the LAXPower ratings number. The tournament seeds, in order, are:
1. OES 5. Lincoln 9. Central Catholic 13. Lake Oswego 17. Beaverton 21. Thurston 2. West Linn 6. Clackamas 10. Bend 14. Wilsonville 18. Tigard 22. Sheldon 3. Jesuit 7. Sunset 11. Summit 15. Westview 19. Tualatin 23. West Salem 4. Lakeridge 8. Sherwood 12. Southridge 16. Liberty 20. Glencoe 24. McNary
- Filling out the Bracket using the seedings yields the following starting bracket:
2014 OHSLA Championship Finals starting bracket as of May 18th.
Wilson is the inaugural Cascade Cup winner. Recaps and photos will appear as soon as photos can be obtained (and organized) by the OHSLA web master.
2014 OHSLA Cascade Cup Bracket (updated 10am 6/5/14)
Cascade Cup Bracket Formation
- The Cascade Cup includes the 16 highest rated teams from the May 18, 2014 LAXPower Ratings not selected in the Championship Bracket. Those sixteen teams in seeded order are:
1. Wilson 5. Hood River 9. Newberg 13. Hermiston 2. Sisters 6. Aloha 10. La Salle Prep 14. Valley Catholic 3. Oregon City 7. Churchill 11. Roseburg 15. South Salem 4. Canby 8. Marist 12. Rex Putnam 16. Cleveland
- So the Cascade Cup bracket fills out as:
2014 OHSLA Cascade Cup starting bracket as of May 18th.
According to OHSLA 2017 SOPs paragraph 32 for playoff games in Playoff Rounds 1 & 2, and Quarterfinals (and now Cascade Cup Semi-Finals) pricing and revenues are as follows:
- Admission charges (prices to be determined by the Commissioner) MUST be charged to ALL spectators, not just those of the visiting school.
- The gate total shall be split 50/50 with the OHSLA and host school after approved host expenses are subtracted from the gate total. OHSLA Treasurer Lisa Hockman will email each club their referee costs after each playoff game. The total amount due can be calculated from the 2014 OSHLA Playoff Payment Worksheet (right click and select "Save Target As..." or "Save Link As...", depending on your browser). A copy of this worksheet with the payment can be sent to the OHSLA Treasurer.
- If charging admission is a problem for any program, special arrangements must be made with the OHSLA prior to the game taking place.
- Failure to turn your accounting worksheet in and pay OHSLA their portion of the gate described in the SOP`s will result in a fine of $250.00.
If you have any questions or need a playoff calculation worksheet emailed to you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
OHSLA will help with travel costs for visiting playoff teams in the first three rounds of the playoffs (first round, second round and quarter finals). For teams that have home games as well as away games, the travel allowance for their away game can be applied as a credit (just like any approved host expense) to their final team billing. The Table below shows the Travel Allowance from OHSLA for teams between the four areas in the state. Note that even travel within a team's home area will still have a minimum travel allowance of $150.
PDX Salem Eugene High Desert PDX $150 $250 $300 $450 Salem $250 $150 $250 $300 Eugene $300 $250 $150 $300 High Desert $450 $300 $300 $150