Well...it's a little early to talk about playoffs, but you can check out last year's playoffs to see how things work.
OHSLA Championship Bracket Formation
- There are "automatic" bids, to use the nomenclature of the NCAA tournaments, given to the first and second place teams in each Conference. The remaining "At-Large" bids are given to the teams with the highest LAXPower Ratings at the end of the regular season that did not recieve automatic bids.
- The top eight LAXPower rated teams earn a bye.
- Since some of the automatic bids went to teams that were not in the LAXPower top 24 rated teams, the tournament seeds may not be a direct match to the LAXPower ratings number.
Cascade Cup Bracket Formation
- The Cascade Cup includes the 16 highest rated teams from the LAXPower Ratings at the end of the season that are not part of the Championship Bracket.
- Bracket seeding will map directly to relative LAXPower rankings of the teams.
According to OHSLA 2015 SOPs paragraph 32 for playoff games in Playoff Rounds 1 & 2, and Quarterfinals (and now Cascade Cup Semi-Finals) pricing and revenues are as follows:
- Admission charges (prices to be determined by the Commissioner) MUST be charged to ALL spectators, not just those of the visiting school.
- The gate total shall be split 50/50 with the OHSLA and host school after approved host expenses are subtracted from the gate total. OHSLA Treasurer Lisa Hockman will email each club their referee costs after each playoff game. The total amount due can be calculated from the 2014 OSHLA Playoff Payment Worksheet (right click and select "Save Target As..." or "Save Link As...", depending on your browser). A copy of this worksheet with the payment can be sent to the OHSLA Treasurer.
- If charging admission is a problem for any program, special arrangements must be made with the OHSLA prior to the game taking place.
- Failure to charge admission/submit accounting worksheet/pay OHSLA share will result in (1) the team being billed for the average share received by the league received from schools in a similar playoff round PLUS (2) a $250 fine.
If you have any questions or need a playoff calculation worksheet emailed to you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
OHSLA will help with travel costs for visiting playoff teams in the first three rounds of the playoffs (first round, second round and quarter finals). The travel cost reimbursements have changed this year. There will no longer be reimbursements for in district travel, and amounts for near district travel has been reduced slightly. For teams that have home games as well as away games, the travel allowance for their away game can be applied as a credit (just like any approved host expense) to their final team billing. The Table below shows the Travel Allowance from OHSLA for teams between the four areas in the state.
PDX Salem Eugene High Desert PDX N/A $200 $300 $400 Salem $200 N/A $200 $300 Eugene $300 $200 N/A $300 High Desert $400 $300 $300 N/A