Both brackets conclude on Championship Saturday, June 4th, at Beaverton High School. For more information on Championship Day, including parking directions and detailed schedule, checkout the Championship Page on the Beaverton Lacrosse website. 2016 bracket details are described below (look at the bracket formation explanations below for how brackets were selected and seeded. The LaxPower ratings for the end of the regular season which were used for seedings and selection can be found here.
2016 OHSLA Championship Bracket
Beaverton defeated Jesuit by the score of 9-8 for their first OHSLA State Championship.
Click For Larger Image
Photo Courtesy Bob Miller
Click For Larger Image
How The Bracket Was Formed:For 2016 the 16 automatic qaulifying teams are:
The eight At-Large bids to fill out the 24 team bracket went to OES, Sunset, Hood River, Grant, Wilson, Lake Oswego, Westview, and Tigard
Conference First Second Conference First Second Pacific Tualatin Glencoe Metro Beaverton Jesuit Columbia Lincoln Central Catholic Northwest Sherwood Liberty Three Rivers Lakeridge West Linn North Valley West Salem Sprague Southwest Sheldon Marist High Desert Summit Bend
2016 OHSLA Cascade Cup Bracket
OHSLA Championship Bracket Formation
- The first and second place teams in each Conference receive "automatic" bids, to use the nomenclature of the NCAA tournaments. The remaining "At-Large" bids are given to the teams with the highest LAXPower Ratings at the end of the regular season that did not recieve automatic bids. How are Lax Power ratings calculated? Check out the explanation on LAXPower.
- Bracket seedings are done based on LaxPower ratings. The top eight LAXPower rated teams earn a first round bye.
- Note that, since some of the automatic bids may go to teams that were not in the LAXPower top 24 rated teams, the tournament seeds may not be a direct match to the LAXPower ratings.
Cascade Cup Bracket Formation
- The Cascade Cup includes the 16 highest rated teams from the LAXPower Ratings at the end of the season that are not part of the Championship Bracket.
- Bracket seeding will map directly to relative LAXPower rankings of the teams. How are Lax Power ratings calculated? Check out the explanation on LAXPower.
As noted in the OHSLA 2016 SOPs, admission will be charged for all Championship and Cascade Cup playoff games. Pricing and revenues are as follows:
- Admission prices are $8 for adults and $5 for students. Kids 5 and under are free.
- Admission charges, prices determined by the Commissioner, MUST be charged to ALL spectators, not just those of the visiting school.
- The gate total shall be split 50/50 with the OHSLA and host school after approved host expenses are subtracted from the gate total. OHSLA Treasurer Lisa Hockman will email each club their referee costs after each playoff game. The total amount due can be calculated from the 2016 OSHLA Playoff Payment Worksheet (right click and select "Save Target As..." or "Save Link As...", depending on your browser). A copy of this worksheet with the payment can be sent to the OHSLA Treasurer.
- If charging admission is a problem for any program, special arrangements must be made with the OHSLA prior to the game taking place.
- Failure to charge admission/submit accounting worksheet/pay OHSLA share will result in (1) the team being billed for the average share received by the league received from schools in a similar playoff round PLUS (2) a $250 fine.
If you have any questions or need a playoff calculation worksheet emailed to you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Travel AllowancesOHSLA will help with travel costs for visiting playoff teams in the first three rounds of the playoffs (first round, second round and quarter finals). The travel cost reimbursements have changed this year. There will no longer be reimbursements for in district travel, and amounts for near district travel has been reduced slightly. For teams that have home games as well as away games, the travel allowance for their away game can be applied as a credit (just like any approved host expense) to their final team billing. The Table below shows the Travel Allowance from OHSLA for teams between the four areas in the state.
PDX Salem Eugene High Desert PDX N/A $200 $300 $400 Salem $200 N/A $200 $300 Eugene $300 $200 N/A $300 High Desert $400 $300 $300 N/A